Exercise is an important part of health, but with the pandemic and the cold weather moving in, it can be challenging to get enough activity. However, we still recommend staying active this holiday season to help fight off illness!
Our team at AFC Urgent Care Monroe Rd. is here to provide some helpful tips to keep your family active.
What Are the Benefits of Exercise for Children?
Children need exercise for many reasons. In the age of screen time and distraction, it is very important to make sure your kids are staying active. It is recommended that children get an hour of exercise every day.
If your children are not staying active, it could put them at risk of unhealthy weight gain and at risk of serious illness. Listed below are ways that your kids can benefit from exercise.
Some Benefits of Exercise for Children
- Boosts self-esteem
- Helps prevent disease
- Combats obesity
- Elevates mood
- Can improve thinking and problem solving
What Are Some Creative Ways to Burn Calories Indoors?
You may be discouraged that you cannot take your children to the gym or playground with the pandemic and colder weather setting in; however, you don’t even need to leave your house to get some exercise!
With a little bit of preparation and creativity, you can provide some great activities for your family. Listed below are some creative ways to get moving without putting your health at risk by going to a public place.
Ways to Move Your Body at Home
- Participate in fitness videos specifically made for children. Plenty of free resources are available online.
- Purchase simple exercise equipment like a jump rope or hula hoop.
- Challenge kids with a timer. Often children are more willing to do something if it is a competition.
- Even if it is cold outside, bundle up and take a short walk around the block. Walking is a highly beneficial but often overlooked form of exercise.
Our team at AFC Urgent Care Monroe Rd. is here to help your family stay healthy! Exercise is one way to prevent illness, but if you do find yourself under the weather, visit our team of experts today.