Yes, you can! In the past, the CDC recommended waiting 14 days before getting another vaccine after getting a COVID-19 vaccine or booster, but those days are behind us.
Our AFC Urgent Care Monroe Road team provides some further helpful information on COVID-19 and flu vaccines below, so keep reading!
How Safe Is It to Get the COVID-19 Booster and Flu Vaccine at the Same Time?
It’s safe. There have been no reports of adverse effects due to getting both vaccines at the same time.
In fact, medical experts state that other than maybe having two arms that are sore, there’s not much interaction at all between the two vaccines.
Reasons to Get Vaccinated This Winter
- Vaccine-preventable viruses are still here. The viruses and bacteria that cause illness and death still exist and can be passed on to those who are not protected by vaccines
- Vaccines are safe. The U.S. has a robust approval process to ensure that all licensed vaccines are safe. Potential side effects associated with vaccines are uncommon and much less severe than the diseases they prevent.
- Vaccines will not cause the diseases they are designed to prevent. Vaccines contain either killed or weakened viruses, making it impossible to get the disease from the vaccine. The COVID-19 vaccine doesn’t contain any of the virus, though, due to it being an mRNA vaccine.
- When you get sick with a virus, it endangers those around you.
How Can I Make Sure to Avoid COVID-19 and the Flu This Winter?
Getting vaccinated against both viruses is the best thing you can do. The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine has been fully approved by the FDA, which should provide extra incentive to get vaccinated.
We’ve listed some additional ways to prevent one of these respiratory illnesses below.
How to Prevent Flu and COVID-19 This Winter
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often.
- Wear a mask in public spaces.
- Stay at home and away from others when you are sick to prevent catching and transmitting illness and potential virus.
Have further questions about COVID-19 or the flu? If so, don’t hesitate to reach out to our AFC Urgent Care Monroe Road team today! We’re here for you now and always.